Wednesday, July 20, 2011

4.1 Changes



I love this idea- kids being kids, and solving problems all at the same time!  The implications for my classroom are huge- here are kids in a classroom creating, and at the same time helping researchers solve problems. At Kidsteam, kids and researchers are design partners.  The program is a collaboration between higher education, businesses, and nonprofit organizations. My goal is to open up my classroom so that it does not
 inhibit innovation and free thinking, and encourage my students to think outside the box.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. It is super cute! I think a challenging this for us teachers is that when we are trying to make our lesson plans, we don't always think about our students and what they might want to do. We think about the standards we need to cover and this can often eliminate their "free thinking." I'd like to also encourage my students to think outside of the box more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy, I looked at this video and thought it was so interesting. It is amazing how the kids have a plan and idea of how they would like to design a certain aspect of technology. Very inspiring video! -Megan Utter

    ReplyDelete